This past weekend I watched one of my good friends graduate and perform from an improv class and I wished I could do that. Sure I could save up the money to take the classes, but it’s the whole getting up on stage and performing in front of people that terrifies the bejesus out of me. It’s funny because I’m a firm believer that laughter is the best medicine, but I find it so hard to laugh at myself. In the end I think it all comes down to my lack of self confidence in my appearance as well as my intelligence. I know I’m not dumb, but when my nerves kick in and all eyes are on me I can tend to say some pretty stupid shit, sweat like a pig, and slur my words like a drunk because my speech impediment comes back. It’s weird because I’m the complete opposite about my writing. I don’t care what people have to say about it or if they think I’m crass and vulgar. Anyway, I think it’s about time that I get over myself. I may not be performing on a stage anytime soon but I do plan on trying to take myself a lot less seriously.
- Niece just fed me my dinner with "num" sound effects included. #OnlyMildlyStabbed 18 hours ago
- Niece gave me a hug and kiss as soon as she saw me. #BlackHeartMelting 2 days ago
- The Dragon is loading! #WordsINeverThoughtIdHearMommaWebbSay 4 days ago
- RT @TomHall: My Car My Car My Car My Car My Car 🚗🚕🚙🚌🚎🏎🚓🚑🚒🚐 #WednesdayWisdom #Cars #HumpDay #GoodLife #mprraccoon https://t.co/RTuJoZ… 6 days ago
- What's the word for when someone no longer works with you but you're still finding and have to fix their mistakes? 1 week ago