This past weekend I watched one of my good friends graduate and perform from an improv class and I wished I could do that. Sure I could save up the money to take the classes, but it’s the whole getting up on stage and performing in front of people that terrifies the bejesus out of me. It’s funny because I’m a firm believer that laughter is the best medicine, but I find it so hard to laugh at myself. In the end I think it all comes down to my lack of self confidence in my appearance as well as my intelligence. I know I’m not dumb, but when my nerves kick in and all eyes are on me I can tend to say some pretty stupid shit, sweat like a pig, and slur my words like a drunk because my speech impediment comes back. It’s weird because I’m the complete opposite about my writing. I don’t care what people have to say about it or if they think I’m crass and vulgar. Anyway, I think it’s about time that I get over myself. I may not be performing on a stage anytime soon but I do plan on trying to take myself a lot less seriously.
- Me: Unfortunately we are sold out. Caller: Can I have your supervisor? #SureButWereStillSoldOutAndTheyAreGoingToTellYouTheSameThing 3 days ago
- RT @MazzelloJoe: How is it in 2018 that we can put 5000 songs on a watch but if your voicemail fills up with 20 messages your phone explode… 3 days ago
- That awkward moment when you're riding in the front seat of an Uber pool & the woman in the back says she's an MMA… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- "It won't stop itching." "Leave it alone! Leave it alone!" #ThingsIOverheardInTheWestHollywoodTarget 6 days ago
- In tonight's Uber pool some drunk guys kept referring to the Armenian driver as Romanian, tried to talk to him abou… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago