After hearing rave reviews and knowing that this is a Darren Aronofsky film I went in expecting a lot and left asking if that was really it. Sure the film is shot beautifully and great props to Portman and Kunis for actually learning Ballet but I feel like it was all wasted on a weak script. The story is predictable, the tone is unstable (there are a few moments when the whole theater laughed), some of the dialogue feels contrived, and the only character that is fully developed is Portman’s. One could argue that the mother is developed as a stage mother but a few of her actions don’t fit with that role. To me the film was a beautiful disaster and I’m hoping that that’s not the point and why everyone is raving about it.
- Love is letting your dog puke on your shirt. And it's easier to clean than the carpet. #ThanksForTheWarningHeavesVern 2 days ago
- Fantastic Beasts o'clock! 4 days ago
- Bummed that I didn't get my super deluxe Muse album in the mail today but glad I got to listen to it online. Can't… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Was just called Tim repeatedly by a caller who I did not give my name to. 1 week ago
- Got a package at work that had a free leather journal in it so naturally I googled it to see its retail value.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago