After hearing rave reviews and knowing that this is a Darren Aronofsky film I went in expecting a lot and left asking if that was really it. Sure the film is shot beautifully and great props to Portman and Kunis for actually learning Ballet but I feel like it was all wasted on a weak script. The story is predictable, the tone is unstable (there are a few moments when the whole theater laughed), some of the dialogue feels contrived, and the only character that is fully developed is Portman’s. One could argue that the mother is developed as a stage mother but a few of her actions don’t fit with that role. To me the film was a beautiful disaster and I’m hoping that that’s not the point and why everyone is raving about it.
- Just became a cliche & told my supervisor an issue was above my paygrade. 1 day ago
- No one cares that you aren't checking in exactly at check in time. If everyone checked in at check in time we would be screwed. 1 week ago
- An argument about the complexity of Kumail Nanjiani's character in The Big Sick turned today into a Zoe Kazan movie… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- The A Star is Born soundtrack is $3.99 on Amazon and The Karate Kid soundtrack is $5.99 on itunes. #YoureWelcome 3 weeks ago
- Me: Why would you travel with that many stuffed animals? Coworker: The Housekeeper said they were all on the bed. M… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 weeks ago