After hearing rave reviews and knowing that this is a Darren Aronofsky film I went in expecting a lot and left asking if that was really it. Sure the film is shot beautifully and great props to Portman and Kunis for actually learning Ballet but I feel like it was all wasted on a weak script. The story is predictable, the tone is unstable (there are a few moments when the whole theater laughed), some of the dialogue feels contrived, and the only character that is fully developed is Portman’s. One could argue that the mother is developed as a stage mother but a few of her actions don’t fit with that role. To me the film was a beautiful disaster and I’m hoping that that’s not the point and why everyone is raving about it.
- Princess FB said she can't wear eyeliner when she works with me anymore because she has cried from laughing twice today. 19 hours ago
- Deadpool 2 excellent use of Take On Me! 2 days ago
- When your college has a booth set up at the event you go to. #IllTakeMyTuitionBackInSwag https://t.co/ZPtlrbyqVN 4 days ago
- These bartenders do not give a fuck. #Heavypour 4 days ago
- Random Guy (staring at Vern): Look at the little angel. Me: I don't know if I'd call him that. 4 days ago