The main problem is that this film is marketed as a Rom-Com, starts off like a coming of age story for Gyllenhaal’s womanizing character, turns into a softcore porn, becomes a “sick person” movie, and then tacks on a voiceover ending to complete Gyllenhaal’s transition from lost boy to man. The pacing and the focus are all off. We don’t even meet Hathaway’s character until about 30 minutes into the movie and then towards the end we stay with her and watch her struggle. There are also several other throw away scenes and characters that don’t do anything to move the story forward. If the writers and director had put a little more thought into the story they wanted to tell this movie could have been a lot better than just ok.
- Princess FB said she can't wear eyeliner when she works with me anymore because she has cried from laughing twice today. 18 hours ago
- Deadpool 2 excellent use of Take On Me! 2 days ago
- When your college has a booth set up at the event you go to. #IllTakeMyTuitionBackInSwag https://t.co/ZPtlrbyqVN 4 days ago
- These bartenders do not give a fuck. #Heavypour 4 days ago
- Random Guy (staring at Vern): Look at the little angel. Me: I don't know if I'd call him that. 4 days ago