The main problem is that this film is marketed as a Rom-Com, starts off like a coming of age story for Gyllenhaal’s womanizing character, turns into a softcore porn, becomes a “sick person” movie, and then tacks on a voiceover ending to complete Gyllenhaal’s transition from lost boy to man. The pacing and the focus are all off. We don’t even meet Hathaway’s character until about 30 minutes into the movie and then towards the end we stay with her and watch her struggle. There are also several other throw away scenes and characters that don’t do anything to move the story forward. If the writers and director had put a little more thought into the story they wanted to tell this movie could have been a lot better than just ok.
- Love is letting your dog puke on your shirt. And it's easier to clean than the carpet. #ThanksForTheWarningHeavesVern 2 days ago
- Fantastic Beasts o'clock! 4 days ago
- Bummed that I didn't get my super deluxe Muse album in the mail today but glad I got to listen to it online. Can't… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Was just called Tim repeatedly by a caller who I did not give my name to. 1 week ago
- Got a package at work that had a free leather journal in it so naturally I googled it to see its retail value.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago