As I’ve stated in some of my other reviews I’m not a huge fan of the “found footage”, shot for millions but made to look homemade films but it actually worked here; probably because thanks to Cops and all its copycat shows we’re used to seeing police officers filmed this way. There were a few times where the point of view shifted focus and it pulled me out of the story but other than that it was really well done. The story is gritty so may not be everyone’s cup of tea but it felt very authentic. Jake Gyllenhaal and especially Michael Peña deliver award-winning performances. Anna Kendrick was great as always and I was surprised to see and questioned if it was actually America Ferrera playing a supporting role as another officer. The ending had me on the edge of my seat and I thought it was so ballsy until they threw some sugar on it. It’s definitely worth checking out especially if you’re into darker, raw, crime dramas.
- Me: Why would you travel with that many stuffed animals? Coworker: The Housekeeper said they were all on the bed. M… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- A black heart Boston cream donut for my black Boston cream filled heart. https://t.co/p65O9gmId4 1 week ago
- The plus side of this hummus not being as good as the one I usually buy is that I won't eat the whole container in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- So what's the point of the new Suicide Squad movie if Harley Quinn isn't going to be in it? 1 week ago
- When you buy a light bulb and get home and realize the box is empty. #OhTheHumanity https://t.co/ibM01MH3yZ 1 week ago